Ensure your pupils have a great camp and experience something new and exciting. Tukino offers the perfect environment to host your school group, away from the crowds of other ski fields
Thames High School at Tukino.
View on You Tube. Where did they get that Drone?
Why choose Tukino for your school camp?
Watch the below video clip from one of our satisfied customers...
- You can have all amenities for your class/group within a few steps of the skifield.
- No queues! Why stand in queues, when you can keep a watchful eye all day, whilst still enjoying yourself?
- Much cheaper lift passes - why pay large skifield lift pass prices, when for a fraction of the price, you can ride the lifts all day as long as you want with minimum queuing?
- We are skilled in ski and snowboard instruction and have a qualified ski patrol to enable your students to the safest and the best learning opportunity possible.
- We can organise ski rental, transport to and from Tukino, and accommodation on the Tukino skifield.
- We can organise activities to suit your group. These can include formal ski/snowboard instruction, mountaincraft instruction or just fun activities in the snow.
- We have a strong safety focus. Click here to download our Tukino Skifield - Risk Management Strategy document.
- Most of all, it is a fun, co-operative learning environment which is vital for personal development.
Comfortable on-mountain accommodation is provided in three modern ski lodges at Tukino. You can ski right to your door!
The Aorangi, Desert Alpine and Tukino Alpine Sports Club lodges have a friendly, warm atmosphere and full facilities.
When you stay in any of the lodges, you are welcomed as 'part of the club'. Duties are rostered to help with the day to day running of the lodge.
Each room has 4-6 bunk beds, with shared bathroom facilities. The lodges are smoke-free.
A range of accommodation (meals included or self catering) and ski / snowboard or mountaincraft packages, are available.
Getting to Tukino
Tukino ski field is Mt Ruapehu's lesser-known gem, located on the eastern side of the mountain (35km from Waiouru). For directions see the Getting to Tukino page.
You need a 4WD vehicle to get to Tukino ski area. We can arrange to pick your group up from Turangi, Waiouru, or our Base Camp car park.
Make an enquiry
Click here to make an enquiry about our school group packages, or phone us on 0800-TUKINO (0800-885 466).
Tell us what you would like to do at Tukino and we will customise a package of activities to suit your school group.